New Delhi: Lalit Bhanot, who spent 11 months in jail last year in connection with the Commonwealth Games corruption case, has been elected Secretary General of the Indian Olympic Association. Abhay Singh Chautala will be president of the association. Both were elected unopposed today.
News Pressed from NDTV.com. Read the full story here.
- Lalit Bhanot elected Secretary General (sports.ndtv.com)
- ET46:: Indian Olympic Association faces suspension (ektamacha.com)
- India faces imminent Olympic suspension (cbc.ca)
- India moves close to IOC suspension (arabtimesonline.com)
- India moves closer to suspension by IOC in dispute over elections (vancouverdesi.com)
- Suspend Kalmadi, Verma, Bhanot from IOA: IOC Ethics Commission (thehindu.com)