New Delhi: The International Olympic Committee has suspended the Indian Olympic Association with immediate effect until it is in a position to satisfy all the conditions set out in the Olympic Charter and the IOC’s requirements. But the defiant IOA has decided to go ahead with the elections under the supervision of a 3-member election panel consisting of Justice VK Bali, Anil Dev Singh and JD Kapoor.
- ET46:: Indian Olympic Association faces suspension (ektamacha.com)
- India’s Olympic Association suspended by the International Olympic Committee (sports.ndtv.com)
- OLYMPICS: IOC suspends Indian Olympic Association for interference in election (vancouverdesi.com)
- ET59 :: IOC suspends Indian Olympic Association (ektamacha.com)
- Time to clean up our game (thehindu.com)
- International Olympic Committee suspends IOA (ibnlive.in.com)
- Reactions to ban imposed on Indian Olympic Association (sports.ndtv.com)