Jammu: Pakistani troops are back in their games and pranks again. They opened heavy gun fire on 10 Indian posts along the LoC in Jammu and Kashmir. This was confirmed by army officials on Sunday. The firing began from Pakistani side late on Saturday in the Krishna Ghati areas in the mountainous district of Poonch. The firing lasted till Sunday morning.
It was said that the Pakistani Troops started firing used small arms, light machine guns and rockets and it was heavy firing up to 11 p.m. on Saturday. After that, it became intermittent and was went on till 7 a.m. Indian Troops did retaliate, but no casualties were reported on either side due to this firing. Such firing is normally done as a diversionary tactics to support infiltrators in entering into India. A search has begun to check if any made it through. This is is sheer violation of cease fire terms on the LoC.
More than 50 such cases of ceasefire violations have taken place in this year till date.
- India, Pakistan armies exchange fire on LoC in Kashmir (news.xinhuanet.com)
- Pakistan troops fire at Indians in Kashmir (vancouverdesi.com)
- Pak violates ceasefire, targets 2 posts in Poonch (ibnlive.in.com)
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again (thehindu.com)
- India alleges Pakistan border shelling kills three (dawn.com)
- Indian army claims Pakistani troops fire across LoC; two civilians killed (dawn.com)
- Pakistan troops fire at several Indian posts (thehindu.com)
- India: Pakistani Troops Kill 3 in Cross-Border Fire (blogs.voanews.com)