In a shameful admittance of the Pakistani attitude towards the brave dead, whether be Indian or Pakistani, Mr Rehman Malik, the Pakistani Interior Minister said that the Indian martyr of the Kargil War, Captain Saurabh Kalia and 5 other soldiers, might have died of weather. It was evident from the bodies given to India during the war that the platoon led by Cpt Kalia was mutilated due to extreme torture. Pakistan’s handling of the soldiers had violated the international convention on the treatment of prisoners of war. It may be remembered that Pakistani had denied the presence of its soldiers in Indian Territory in the Kargil War despite the capture of evidence from dead Pakistani Rangers.
Ek Tamacha will take this as a campaign among its patrons to bring the issue to light. Watch the Ek Tamacha Campaign Section Soon.
- Kargil martyr Captain Kalia may have been killed by weather: Pakistan’s Rehman Malik (ndtv.com)
- We share your agony: Supreme Court to Kargil martyr Saurabh Kalia’s family (ndtv.com)
- Kargil martyr case: SC issues notice to centre (vancouverdesi.com)
- Not sure if Capt. Kalia was killed by bullet or weather: Rehman Malik (vancouverdesi.com)
- Pak Minister Rehman Malik in India: highlights of his first press interaction (ndtv.com)
- Malik arrives, sings old Pak tune – Indian Express – Indian Express (indianexpress.com)
- 13 yrs on, will Kargil hero Lt Saurabh Kalia get justice? (ibnlive.in.com)
- Kargil War hero Capt Kalia’s father moves UN (ibnlive.in.com)
- Kargil martyr case: SC issues notice to centre (indiavision.com)
- Notice to Centre in Kargil martyr case (thehindu.com)