New Delhi: While a young woman is fighting for her life in a Delhi hospital after a horrific and brutal gang-raped on an un-monitored and now “licence cancelled” Delhi bus, Sheila Dikshit say she is unhappy with this tag. In an interview to a news TV, Delhi’s Chief Minister has said candidly, that though she hates the tag, she is afraid it has actually become so.
India is incensed and is demanding justice and tougher punishment for these and all rapists. There is a growing clamour for a more stringent law not only in Delhi but across India where many such cases do not even get reported. The fundamental question is, how much more time is required and how much more insensitive can the government be ?
- ET74 :: Rs. 600 is enough to feed a family of five, says Sheila Dikshit; Opposition slams her (ektamacha.com)
- Delhi is unsafe, I am ashamed: Sheila Dikshit (ibnlive.in.com)
- Shame on You Sheila Dikshit ! (mevidur.wordpress.com)
- #Delhi rape highlights chronic women’s safety issues in India (kractivist.wordpress.com)
- ET71 :: Apathetical Laws :: Delhi gang-rape: Bus driver has refused to take part in identification parade (ektamacha.com)
- Photoessay: Delhi Rape Protests (inpec.in)
- Full transcript: Hate Delhi being called ‘Rape Capital’, but it’s become one, Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit tells NDTV (ndtv.com)
- ET73 :: Shiela Dixit after the rape news was brought to her: We have cancelled the bus operator’s license (ektamacha.com)
- ET70 :: Shocking : Brutal Gang-rape in Delhi bus, Woman critical (ektamacha.com)