The Delhi Police is incompetent is now not a mystery, with them on full show on Sunday. The manner in which they handled the protests at India Gate on 23rd Dec 2012 was proof enough. In response to the protests against the Gang Rape in Delhi on Sunday, Delhi Police used tear gas to disperse the crowd, which were having no effect on the crowd, as it grew in numbers as well as in spirits. In fact they became more agitated. It was found that the tear gas shells used, were incidentally, though not surprising, were an expired lot. The Shells used, were clearly marked with the date of expiry.
Check out this snap collected and taken by one of the protesters on site !
- Delhi gang rape: Police use water cannons on protesters – Times of India (timesofindia.indiatimes.com)
- Protests Over Rape Turn Violent in Delhi (india.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Thousands protest in Indian capital after gang-rape (itv.com)
- Delhi gangrape: violence at India Gate, police chief says ‘public sentiments … (hindustantimes.com)
- Tear gas used to quell India gang-rape protests (photoblog.nbcnews.com)
- Delhi Police fire tear gas and fire water cannon at peaceful protestors – The Independent (independent.co.uk)
- ET75 :: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit hates to call Delhi the ‘Rape Capital’
- ET70 :: Shocking : Brutal Gang-rape in Delhi bus, Woman critical