Jammu, December 26 – An army Jawan was martyred today as he was trying to foil an infiltration bid in the Neelam Post area. Sepoy Rakesh Kumar died today after he was hit by a bullet from across the border. He succumbed to his injuries at 150 Military Hospital at Rajouri. He is survived by his wife and a daughter.
Alert army troops – Sepoy Rakesh Kumar and his own colleagues – suspected a movement in the evening of Sunday, 23 December. The movements of the infiltrators’ was being continuously tracked and Sepoy Rakesh Kumar was killed in this melee by a sniper bullet from the other side of LOC.
Did not see any politico come across to condemn this as vociferously as they came up during the unfortunate constable’s death in Delhi. Where are they now?
- Jawan killed in cross-border firing in Poonch (thehindu.com)
- Major infiltration bid foiled in J&K; 2 militants killed (thehindu.com)
- Army foils infiltration bid in Jammu and Kashmir; 2 militants killed (ndtv.com)
- J&K: Army foils infiltration bid; 2 militants killed (ibnlive.in.com)
- Pakistan troops open fire at Indian posts in Kashmir (vancouverdesi.com)